Tuesday, May 19, 2009

"Suntimes"


I think I'm going to teach my kids to enjoy sunbathing.  I know it's probably not recommended by most pediatricians or dermatologists (or other moms, grandmas, or friends for that matter) but you know what, I am kind of dreading chasing my kids around the pool for fear that they'll fall in/jump in unassisted, so if they'd just learn to enjoy lying still with the sun beating down on them, we'd be all set!  Lying in the sun unfortunately is one of my most favorite past-times and biggest vice.  To me, nothing is more relaxing, stress-relieving, healing (ironic huh?) or heavenly than lying directly under the sun, comfy cushion under me, cold drink in hand, and quiet music in my ears.  Plus I look so much better with a tan.  Prettier, happier, skinnier and I'll tack on smarter too.  I've tried the tans in a tube (on me not my kids) and yes, they do help, but unless the tube includes a lounge chair, sand and ocean waves crashing, they just don't cut it.  Unfortunately, Hannah and Luke most likely won't allow me much lounge time this summer.  I'm sure they'll want me to be blowing bubbles, "swimming" them around the pool, pushing them in swings, running through the sprinklers, having picnics, and well, being a mom.  I guess I could look at my kids as kind of sunscreen... maybe the years they take away from me by giving me gray hairs from worry they give back to me by keeping me out of the direct sun.    Not to worry, I'll find my moments of bliss during naps and if they decide to give up their naps, well... I could always take up gambling.

No comments:

Post a Comment