Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mi Mi Mi MEEEEE!


I am a mom.  A wonderful mom to two amazing kids.  I do not work outside the house which allows me to get covered in magic marker, get glue in my hair, sing made-up songs all day, paint each fingernail a different color, not shower for days in a row, wear the same thing to sleep as I do all day and be called a full time mommy.  There, that's it.  That is all you will hear about my life as a mom in this blog because there's so much more to me than that.  I forget sometimes, as I think we moms often do, that our entire identity is not as a mom.  We are fashion-mavens, movie-goers, interior decorators, chefs, gardeners, makeup junkies, trend-setters, techno-geeks, and, well, women.  We are able to have conversations about politics (well not me really but many other moms, yes) and business.  We have strong opinions that revolve around more than just how horrible it is that Max and Ruby's parents are never around or how fantastic or horrid it is that Noggin is now on 24/7.  We like our homes to look less cluttered and less colorful than a daycare or a circus.  We like to wear shoes other than Dansk clogs (although BOY are they comfy!).  We do cherish time alone (and that does not include time "alone" in the shower with one or more of our kids banging on the shower door) and time with friends (WITHOUT the kids around too!).   Although it is often hard, we moms do like to remember the pre-kids days when we were just "me", in my case just "Becca".    So for the benefit of this blog I will be leaving my kids behind.  Believe me, they will be very close behind, so close that they can reach out and touch my tush, but at least that tush will be in a pair of "seven" jeans.

No comments:

Post a Comment