Thursday, May 28, 2009

Small confession

I broke down.  I had to.  It was raining, I couldn't go to the gym or go for a walk so really... I just didn't have an option.  So I got in my car and I did it.  I went to the mall and went shopping.  I've been so good lately.  Haven't bought anything in, well, 6 weeks or so, and I still haven't for myself but poor hannah has grown out of all of her clothes from last summer and she NEEDED some new clothes.  I didn't want her to be THAT girl with dresses so short kids would call her a Hoochie Mama or shorts so tight she had a constant wedgie.  I didn't shop anywhere extravagant.  Just H&M.  At H&M everything is so inexpensive (in comparison to most of the local stores around here) that my pile of stuff just gets bigger and bigger until it's not so inexpensive anymore.  The problem also is that when I'm shopping for Hannah, there's no trying-on involved which is always the deterrent in shopping for myself.  She also looks so darn CUTE in everything (if I only looked so good in a little shorts jumpsuit).   She is getting a little harder to shop for I'll admit.  She won't wear jeans (they're itchy), doesn't like anything with a seam that she can "feel" (like empire waist she says is uncomfortable), likes if there are pockets in the front (to put little treasures in), doesn't like long shirts (it either needs to be a dress or a shirt and if it isn't obvious which it is it's a no go) and for the most part doesn't like anything that doesn't have pink or purple in it (everything else is a boy color).  But I can work with these limitations.  I have a friend whose daughter won't wear anything with buttons.  At all.  Anywhere.  That would be harder.  So, there.  I feel better.  I confessed to my little shopping outing.  And I feel better because I went shopping.  I love shopping.  Even if it's not for me.  Can you tell?  

And I'll quickly explain why I couldn't go to the gym or workout instead of shopping.  My knee/back/neck were hurting so badly that I couldn't imagine any sort of exercise.  Why is my body in such bad shape you may ask?  Well, because I boogied down so hard in my 3 inch heels at a wedding this past weekend that I'm now paying for it.  Serves me right for trying to act like one of the many 20something year olds at the wedding, staying out until 2:00 in the morning and jamming to "Poker Face"...   I wore my Converse sneakers shopping.  


No comments:

Post a Comment